You can apply for a passport if you answer is yes to all of the following questions:
- I received my passport within the past 15 years / or it expired less than five years ago; and
- Your previous U.S. passport is not in your possession
- I was over the age of 16 when my current passport was issued; and
- My passport is not damaged; and
- My name has not changed from the name in the passport (or I can legally document it by an original Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree or Court Order)
Instructions for applying for a passport renewal:
1 - Completed and Signed Application Form DS-82
• Fully completed Application Form DS-82. Complete and sign.
• Please note that only the online DS-82 application forms will be acceptable.
Select the “Apply Online” for a Passport Book option on the left hand side, click on “submit” and proceed with the application. On the page for “Passport Products and Fees”, choose the “expedited at agency” option. On the last page, click on the “Create Form” link on the bottom, open and print your application. Your signature and date are required.
If you are using our expediting service, please note:
You must send all documents and requirements to Ambassador Passport and Visa Services so that we can hand carry your application into the Passport Agency immediately. Your passport application will expire and not be considered valid within five days from the date of your signature on the application.
FAILURE TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS TO THE AMBASSADOR PASSPORT AND VISA SERVICES ADDRESS DIRECTLY MAY RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
2 - Two Recent Passport Photographs
Please note: acceptable passport photos are:
• Photographs must be 2 x 2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months.
• The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches.
• No glasses
• The photographs must be in color
• They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
• Photographs should be taken without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
• Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
• Home made Digital photographs are not acceptable
3 - Completed And Signed Authorization Letter
Important note: You MUST select the first option (by checking the box on the left), in order for us to be able to process your application request. Not doing so will result in a delay in the processing of your passport application. After selecting the first option, it is also necessary to select one of the next two options.
Please print, complete, and sign (in blue ink only):
4 - Most Recently Issued Passport
Passport was expired less than five years ago and the bearer was over the age of 16 when the current passport was issued.
5 - Documentation if Your Name has Changed
If the name you are currently using differs from the name on your previous passport you must submit a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order showing the change of name. The name change document must bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Uncertified copies or notarized documents can not be accepted. All documents will be returned to you with your passport.
6 - Proof of the Departure Date from the USA is Required
Copy of itinerary or air tickets, or letter on employer’s stationery confirming immediate international travel is required.
7 - Completed Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Cover Letter
8 - Fees
Please note, unless otherwise confirmed by an Ambassador Passport and Visa Agent, processing for a U.S. Passport begins the FIRST BUSINESS DAY AFTER all the documents and requirements are received by Ambassador Passport and Visa Services.
(1) Government Fee:
(2) Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Fees:
|Regular Processing – 12 Business Days||$210.00|
|Express Processing – 7 to 8 Business Days||$250.00|
|Rush 48 Hour Processing (3 to 4 Business Days)||$280.00|
|Ultra Rush 24 Hour Processing (2 Business Days)||$390.00|
For Same Day Processing, availability, and pricing, please contact an Ambassador Passport and Visa agent at 310-828-7878.
Note: There is a 5% charge for all government and consular fees paid by credit or debit cards.
(3) Federal Express Fees (Continental USA Only)
|FedEx 2nd Business Day||$35.00|
|FedEx Letter (Priority Overnight)||$38.00|
|FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)||$68.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI –|
FedEx Priority Overnight Letter (No Saturday Delivery)
9 - Mailing Instructions
Please Forward All The Above Documents and Requirements To:
Ambassador Passport and Visa Services, Inc.
2811 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 720
Santa Monica, California, 90403
For 24 Hour Passport Services ONLY: Be sure to call us so we can determine which address you should ship to, our Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Colorado, or our Seattle Office. Also, 24 hour processing begins once we have received all of your documents as specified on this page, to the correct office location.
or email us