Ambassador Passport and Visa is delegated by Her Royal Majesty’s Passport Agency to Provide Rush U.K. Passport Services for all British Citizens Residing in the United
Requirements for First Time Applicants
- You must send a full original birth certificate showing full details of both parents.
- If you were born outside the United Kingdom, you must also send documentary evidence of your parents’ claim to British nationality i.e., their original birth or registration certificates and their marriage certificate showing the marital status of both parties at the time of the marriage (with evidence of termination of previous marriage(s) if applicable). The same is required for any person born in the UK after 31 December 1982. If neither parent is a British Citizen you must include both parents’ passports covering the time of your birth and the passport on which you entered the US. If your birth was registered at a British Consulate or the Home Office, the original certificate is all that is required.
- If you were not born in the US you must send the passport or travel document that you originally traveled on to enter the US.
- If you are renewing your passport You must send your old passport (it will be returned to you.) No other documents are normally required.
- A parent’s signature is required on the OS application at Section 9, if the child is aged 16 or 17, as well as the applicant’s signature at section 10.
- For additional identification purposes, please send your US passport or an enlarged clear copy (front and back) of your US Alien Registration Card and any other photographic identification.
PLEASE NOTE: No other documents besides your old British Passport are usually required to renew your British passport.
To apply for a British Passport for Kids please submit the following:
1 - Completed and Signed Application Form OS
Click here to download Application Form OS
Please note that after completing the application, the countersignatory, someone who has known the applicant personally for at least two years should complete and sign Section 10 of the application form OS, and the back of one of the photographs. The Countersignatory can be a Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or a professionally qualified person e.g. Lawyer, Doctor, Engineer, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing. A Notary Public is not an acceptable Countersignatory.
If you have lost your passport and are applying for a new one you must also complete and sign Form LS01 (Lost Passport Notification Form)
Applicants should send a Police Report along with the completed Lost/Stolen Passport Notification Form.
2 - UK PASSPORT OFFICE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION LETTER
The following UK credit card authorization for passport applicants must also be completed and signed:
3 - Two Recent Professional Passport Size Photographs
Please note, acceptable passport photos are:
• Photographs must be 2 x 2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months.
• The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches.
• No glasses
• The photographs must be in color
• They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
• Photographs should be taken without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
• Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
• Home made Digital photographs are not acceptable
• The countersignatory should sign the back of one (not both) of the photographs with the handwritten words, “I certify that this is a true likeness of (give full name of applicant)” and sign and date the endorsement.
4 - Completed and Signed Authorization Letter
Please be sure to complete two copies of the Authorization Letter in Blue Ink.
5 - Proof of the Departure Date from the USA (if Available)
Copy of itinerary or air tickets confirming immediate international travel (not a requirement, however please submit if you have one).
6 - Completed Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Cover Letter
7 - Fees
Fees – There Are a Total of 3 Fees: Government Fees, Our Fees, & Shipping Fees
(1) UK Passport Government Fees
Please note: The above UK government fees will be charged directly by HM Passport Agency based on the current US / UK currency conversion rate
|Adults over the age of 16, 32 page booklet||£147.86|
|Adults over the age of 16, 48 page booklet||£174.36|
|Children Under the age of 16||£75.61|
(2) Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Fees:
For faster service and availability please contact Ambassador Passport and Visa services at 310-828-7878
|Regular Processing – 6 to 7 Weeks (Includes shipping and handling to UK)||$300.00|
|Rush Processing – 3 to 5 Weeks (Includes shipping and handling to UK)||$350.00|
(3) Federal Express Fees (Continental USA Only)
|Fedex 2nd Business Day||$45.00|
|FedEx Letter (Priority Overnight)||$48.00|
|FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)||$78.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI –
FedEx Priority Overnight Letter (No Saturday Delivery)
8 - Mailing Instructions
Please Forward All The Above Documents and Requirements To:
Ambassador Passport and Visa Services, Inc.
2811 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 720
Santa Monica, California, 90403
or email us