You are eligible to use form (DS-5504) if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. Passport
- You had a change in your identity information or your identifying information was printed incorrectly
- Your most recent U.S. Passport was limited in validity for one year or less and / or was issued abroad
- Please note: We are pleased to announce that we are resuming accepting passport applications for expedited processing at speeds that are close to pre-pandemic turnaround times. At this time, we can offer three speeds: Regular Expedited, Rush Processing and Ultra Rush Processing. For example, currently, in as little as a few days (depending on current availability) you can have a new or renewed passport back in your hands. Since we are registered to hand carry your application into the US Department of State, these turn-around times are significantly less than mail-in or on-line methods that are publicly available. If you need to expedite your passport, or simply planning ahead for an upcoming trip, please contact an Ambassador Passport and Visa consultant at 310-828-7878 for the latest availabilities and turnaround times.
Instructions for passport name change or data correction:
1 - Completed and Signed Online Application Form DS-5504
Please note that only the online DS-5504 application forms will be acceptable. Handwritten or typed-in forms cannot be submitted.
Please read the following important notes before completing the online application:
- Agree with the privacy agreement on the first page. DO NOT SELECT “RENEW ONLINE” IF YOU WISH TO USE OUR SERVICES, AS YOUR PASSPORT WILL BE CANCELED IMMEDIATELY, THIS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND ANY ABILITY TO ASSIST YOU, AND YOUR PASSPORT CAN NO LONGER BE EXPEDITED VIA HAND CARRY INTO THE GOVT. ANY LONGER. On the next page first column on the left, select the “Apply Online” option on bottom left hand side of page, click on “Submit” and proceed with the application.gree with the privacy agreement on the first page. On the next page first column on the left, select the “Apply Online” option on bottom left hand side of page, click on “Submit” and proceed with the application.
- On the page titled “Passport Products and Fees”, under “Processing Methods” choose the “Expedited at Agency” option, and under “Delivery Methods” select the “Standard” option (Since Ambassador Passport and Visa will hand carry your documents to and from the US Department of State, the mailing option does not apply to hand carry applicants).
- On the last page, titled “Next Steps” on bottom left, check the box next to “I have read and acknowledge the steps…” and below it click on the “Create Form” button at the bottom left, then open and print your application. Your signature and date are required.
- If at any time you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 310-828-7878.
If you are using our expediting service, please note:
You must send all documents and requirements to Ambassador Passport and Visa Services so that we can hand carry your application into the Passport Agency immediately. DO NOT SELECT “RENEW ONLINE” IF YOU WISH TO USE OUR SERVICES, AS YOUR PASSPORT WILL BE CANCELED IMMEDIATELY, YOUR PASSPORT CAN NO LONGER BE EXPEDITED VIA HAND CARRY INTO THE GOVT. ANY LONGER, AND THIS MAY CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND ANY ABILITY TO ASSIST YOU.
FAILURE TO SEND OR WALK IN YOUR DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS TO THE AMBASSADOR PASSPORT AND VISA SERVICES ADDRESS DIRECTLY MAY RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Please click here to go through the online process of creating your DS-5504 Application Form on the Department of State Website
2 - U.S. Valid Passport
The passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, and the bearer must have reached their 16th birthday before the passport issue date.
3 - Two Recent Passport Photographs
Please note: acceptable passport photos are:
• Photographs must be 2 x 2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months.
• The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches.
• No glasses
• The photographs must be in color
• They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background. • Photographs should be taken without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
• Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
• Home made Digital photographs are not acceptable
4 - The Necessary Documentations Required for the Change
• If your name has changed you must submit an original or certified marriage / divorce certificate or court order showing the change of name.
• If there is a change or an error in the descriptive data in your recently issued passport you must submit the appropriate evidence showing the correct information (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate).
• All documents submitted for a name change or a data correction MUST bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Uncertified copies or notarized documents cannot be accepted.
5 - Authorization Letter Completed and Signed by the Applicant
Important note: You MUST select the first option (by checking the box on the left), in order for us to be able to process your application request.Not doing so will result in a delay in the processing of your passport application. After selecting the first option, it is also necessary to select one of the next two options.
Please print, complete, and sign (in blue ink only):
Click here for the Letter of Authorization – Online Fillable PDF Version.
Please note: If you are using a mobile device, and/or have trouble filling out the form online, please click here for a printable-only version that can be filled out by hand in blue ink.
6 - Proof of the Departure Date from the USA is Required
Please note: Due to the pandemic, at this time it is not required to provide any type of proof of departure or travel until further notice. However, if you have an itinerary, reservation, business letter, or other proof of travel, please provide it.
Copy of itinerary or air tickets, or letter on employer’s stationery confirming immediate international travel is required.
Click here for a sample of the Business Letter for the Passport Office.
7 - Completed Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Cover Letter
8 - Fees
Please note, unless otherwise confirmed by an Ambassador Passport and Visa Agent, processing for a U.S. Passport begins the FIRST BUSINESS DAY AFTER all the documents and requirements are received by Ambassador Passport and Visa Services.
(1) Government Fee:
Passport Renewal (Name Change)
(2) Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Fees:
|Regular Expedited (3 to 4 weeks)||Call for current pricing|
|Express Processing (10 to 15 Business Days)||Call for current pricing|
|Rush Processing (7 to 10 Days)||Call for current pricing|
|Ultra Rush Processingg||Call for current pricing|
Please note: Processing times begin the next business day after we receive your documents.
(3) Federal Express Fees (Continental USA Only)
|FedEx 2nd Business Day||$45.00|
|FedEx Letter (Priority Overnight)||$48.00|
|FedEx Letter (First Overnight)||$130.00|
|FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)||$78.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI –
FedEx Priority Overnight Letter (No Saturday Delivery)
9 - Mailing Instructions
Please Forward All The Above Documents and Requirements To:
Ambassador Passport and Visa Services, Inc.
2811 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 720
Santa Monica, California, 90403
For 24 Hour Passport Services ONLY: Be sure to call us so we can determine which address you should ship to, our Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Colorado, or our Seattle Office. Also, 24 hour processing begins once we have received all of your documents as specified on this page, to the correct office location.
or email us