You are eligible to use form (DS-5504) if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. Passport
- You had a change in your identity information or your identifying information was printed incorrectly
- Your most recent U.S. Passport was limited in validity for one year or less and / or was issued abroad
- Please note: We are pleased to announce that we are resuming accepting passport applications for expedited processing. At this time, Expedited or Rush Processing can be done in 4 to 6 weeks, which is significantly less than Routine Processing, which is taking 10 to 12 weeks. Currently, this is the fastest available processing time for any passport application nationwide, for applicants that do not have a life or death emergency. Please contact an Ambassador Passport and Visa consultant at 310-828-7878 for further details.
To apply for a U.S. Passport Re-Application such as Amendment or Name Change please submit the following:
Instructions for passport name change or data correction:
1 - Completed and Signed Online Application Form DS-5504
Please note that only the online DS-5504 application forms will be acceptable. Handwritten or typed-in forms cannot be submitted.
Please read the following important notes before completing the online application:
- Agree with the privacy agreement on the first page, and on the next page select the “Apply Online” option on bottom left hand side of page, click on “Submit” and proceed with the application.
- On the page titled “Passport Products and Fees”, under “Processing Methods” choose the “Expedited at Agency” option, and under “Delivery Methods” select the “Standard” option (Since Ambassador Passport and Visa will hand carry your documents to and from the US Department of State, the mailing option does not apply to hand carry applicants).
- On the last page, titled “Next Steps” on bottom left, check the box next to “I have read and acknowledge the steps…” and below it click on the “Create Form” button at the bottom left, then open and print your application. Your signature and date are required.
- If at any time you have any questions or concerns, please call our toll free number at 800-826-4558.
If you are using our expediting service, please note:
You must send all documents and requirements to Ambassador Passport and Visa Services so that we can hand carry your application into the Passport Agency immediately. Your passport application will expire and not be considered valid within five days from the date of execution / sealing.
FAILURE TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS TO THE AMBASSADOR PASSPORT AND VISA SERVICES ADDRESS DIRECTLY MAY RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
2 - U.S. Valid Passport
The passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, and the bearer must have reached their 16th birthday before the passport issue date.
3 - Two Recent Passport Photographs
Please note: acceptable passport photos are:
• Photographs must be 2 x 2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months.
• The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches.
• No glasses
• The photographs must be in color
• They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background. • Photographs should be taken without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
• Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
• Home made Digital photographs are not acceptable
4 - The Necessary Documentations Required for the Change
• If your name has changed you must submit a marriage certificate or court order showing the change of name.
• If there is a change or an error in the descriptive data in your recently issued passport you must submit the appropriate evidence showing the correct information (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate).
• All documents submitted for a name change or a data correction MUST bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Uncertified copies or notarized documents cannot be accepted.
5 - Authorization Letter Completed and Signed by the Applicant
Important note: You MUST select the first option (by checking the box on the left), in order for us to be able to process your application request.Not doing so will result in a delay in the processing of your passport application. After selecting the first option, it is also necessary to select one of the next two options.
Please print, complete, and sign (in blue ink only):
Please note: If you are using a mobile device, and/or have trouble filling out the form online, please click here for a printable-only version that can be filled out by hand in blue ink.
6 - Proof of the Departure Date from the USA is Required
Copy of itinerary or air tickets, or letter on employer’s stationery confirming immediate international travel is required.
7 - Completed Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Cover Letter
8 - Fees
Please note, unless otherwise confirmed by an Ambassador Passport and Visa Agent, processing for a U.S. Passport begins the FIRST BUSINESS DAY AFTER all the documents and requirements are received by Ambassador Passport and Visa Services.
(1) Government Fee:
(2) Ambassador Passport and Visa Services Fees:
Please note: We are pleased to announce that we are resuming accepting passport applications for expedited processing. At this time, Expedited or Rush Processing can be done in 4 to 6 weeks, which is significantly less than Routine Processing, which is taking 10 to 12 weeks. Currently, this is the fastest available processing time for any passport application nationwide, for applicants that do not have a life or death emergency. Please contact an Ambassador Passport and Visa consultant at 310-828-7878 for further details.
(3) Federal Express Fees (Continental USA Only)
|FedEx 2nd Business Day||$45.00|
|FedEx Letter (Priority Overnight)||$48.00|
|FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)||$78.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI –|
FedEx Priority Overnight Letter (No Saturday Delivery)
9 - Mailing Instructions
Please Forward All The Above Documents and Requirements To:
Ambassador Passport and Visa Services, Inc.
2811 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 720
Santa Monica, California, 90403
For 24 Hour Passport Services ONLY: Be sure to call us so we can determine which address you should ship to, our Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Colorado, or our Seattle Office. Also, 24 hour processing begins once we have received all of your documents as specified on this page, to the correct office location.
or email us